Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

My beliefs of A little Witchy.

      I wish I could be Christian, but, alas, I am not, my brain doesn't comprehend the theology of it.If any Christians are reading this who wish to guide me on my path to Christ; though, I appreciate the sentiment, I am Strong in my Beliefs. For the Pagans who read this I want to convey I am in Mississippi (not a large pagan population), and I am jealous of the camaraderie and companionship that comes from a Church Family. I have attended church a lot in my life, and I have even TRIED to find a church for my daughter and I so that she can learn about Christ and Christianity.  It hasn't worked before because, well, I guess I haven't tried hard enough. "I like your Christ, just not your Christians" I have always loved that quote. I know oodles of awesome Christians who've tried to help me "become a Christian" but when someone has faith already it is hard to replace.

     Which brings us to my beliefs. I have always loved creatures, trees, grass, and storms. When I was seven I thought a wasp was my totem animal because I never got stung when they were attacking my family and friends. I found a book in the library when I was in third grade entitled "Cherokee Sign Language" and submerged myself in that book for weeks. I moved on from that book onto any other book on Native Americans. I read about their cultures, beliefs and practices, and the Great Chiefs' speeches. Native American spirituality was my first taste of Earth spirituality. This all started at nine years old.

    At fifteen I found Wicca. It was so wonderful that I felt as I were coming home. I read everything I could find on the subject. I went to chat rooms and websites, anything to learn more about this grand faith I had found within myself. I was quickly dissatisfied with the Wiccan 180 of the angry father god. From the Abrahamic father of judgment and condemnation to the Wiccan mostly Goddess worship of loving motherly matrons of fertility.

    And here I am ten years later with grand faith in the Divine Spirit, duality of everything, and Nature as a being in herself. I look for the systems that make our Earth function as a whole and livable as it is. I am not a ritualistic earthy pagan although I'd like to be. I have my faith and I pray to the Goddess and God everyday. I am a Proud Pagan even if I am not one of the earthy ritualistic kind.




Love,
Mil's Mama



P.S. More coming today about Mil and her many antics!

1 comments:

Kayla said...

We sound so much alike! Your exploration was and always will be a winding path, with many splits. I'm really looking forward to reading more in your blog, girly.

Your cousin by marriage,
Kayla

Post a Comment